Monday, January 23, 2012

Neighborhood break-in

Guest post of the week by Moises Henderson

About three weeks ago there was a break-in in our neighborhood, and it really scared me. I have been asking my husband since we moved into our current home to purchase a home security system, and after the break-in he finally decided to do it. What is so ironic about the break-in is that it happened to a police officer’s home. We do not know them that well, but we have met them several times. Apparently, he was on duty when it happened. No one was home, and they broke a back window to get into the home. They took some electronic equipment and some jewelry and left. I am sure he will use his influence at the police station to hunt down the people who broke into his home, but it is still scary to think that a police officer’s home was robbed in broad daylight. I am sure that the criminals did not know that they were robbing a cop’s house until they were inside. When my husband heard about the break-in, he finally agreed it was time for a home security system.

No comments:

Post a Comment