Monday, June 20, 2011

Lost Comes to Chuck


Thanks for the post, Nora Howe!

When Dominic Monaghan came to cameo on NBC's Chuck, I thought my daughter's heart would explode. While I enjoyed Monaghan in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, she watched every episode of Lost to see him. I mean, who wouldn't love a rakish Englishman who's been a hobbit and a castaway?

Monaghan played a rock star living the party life. Main character Chuck was assigned to protect him from a threat. Monaghan's character wasn't interested in having a bodyguard crimp his style, especially one as staid as Chuck. But the two characters eventually grew to be friends by the end of the episode.

It was a little disappointing that Monaghan hasn't been able to cameo on Chuck again. The end of the episode made it seem as though his character could return in the future.

NBC broadcast the episode with 3D effects. Viewers had to go out and find a pair of 3D glasses from retailers selling Chuck-related products. I was a little disappointed by the 3D. The effects were things like Monaghan jumping towards the camera. Nothing that was too exciting.

We snuggled down on the couch to watch Chuck on www.directstartv.com with our 3D glasses on. Although my daughter and I don't see eye to eye on everything, it was a pleasant hour of TV that we could both agree to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment